3x Classroom Teachers, Nawarddeken Academy, Full Time
Starting ASAP until the end of Term 4, 2021
An incredible opportunity is now available to work with the Nawarddeken Academy, delivering education to students within the Warddeken Indigenous Protected Area of west Arnhem Land. A region that is exceptional in its natural and cultural value and breathtaking in its beauty.
The Academy was recently granted registration to begin the delivery of education in Mamadawerre (Starting 27 September 2021) and Manmoyi (Starting 18 October 2021), expanding from 1 to 3 very remote schools. The Academy has been operating at Kabulwarnamyo since 2015, registered to teach students from Transition to Year 7 in a multi-age classroom context.
It is essential that applicants have a deep respect and passion for working with First Nations people and can develop strong relationships within the Warddeken community. These positions will be based at either Manmoyi, Mamadawerre or Kabulwarnamyo.
A generous salary is negotiable and will be dependent on skills and experience.
School Principal 2022, Mäpuru Yirralka College
- Dreaming of feeling warm in a geographically isolated location?
- Does the idea of off-grid sustainability and crystal clear, sweet, spring water to drink every day appeal?
- Committed to a rich, rewarding life enabling First Nations families to educate their children on ancestral estates?
- Does the image of a group of children racing each other to get to school early or the entire school community working together to achieve a community development task like …. extending the airstrip to enable Careflight planes to land make you smile?
- Tired of switching from in-classroom to on-line learning? So far, there have been no lock-downs in east Arnhem.
Mäpuru Yirralka College is a bi-lingual, bi-cultural school which are currently seeking a principal to join their team in east Arnhem Land. This position is a one of two principal position, where you will work in collaboration with the Yolŋu Community Principal. This position will provide you with the opportunity to learn from and be mentored by Yolŋu teachers and elders. Where you will also have the opportunity to work hands on with both teachers and students; while managing the schools administration.
If you would like to learn more about this position, you can visit https://applynow.net.au/jobs/138283-school-principal Here you will also find more information about how to apply for this position. Please also find the following flyers that have more information.
House Parents, Yirara College
Male and Female Boarding.
Full time and Casual positions available.
Previous boarding experience and/or experience working with Indigenous youth is desirable.
The Successful applicant will:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to advancing the interests and well being of Indigenous youth;
- Relate and communicate effectively with young people;
- Have a sound understanding of adolescence development;
- Proven awareness of Indigenous and cross cultural community needs and sensitivities related to working in a cross cultural environment;
- Be responsible for the safety and wellbeing of students on shift which enables best practice of operations and adherence to college and community expectations;
- Work effectively as part of a team;
- Be able to work across a roster that includes evening and weekends, including some sleepover shifts;
- Actively support and uphold Christian Values of the college;
- Hold a valid Working with Children's Card;
- Manual driver's license;
- Current first-aid certificate.
All Applicants should include a cover letter; current resume and the details of two referees.
Further information about the College and detailed position description can be obtained by phoning John Hubner on 08 8950 5644 or by emailing email@example.com