House Parents, Yirara College
Male and Female Boarding.
Full time and Casual positions available.
Previous boarding experience and/or experience working with Indigenous youth is desirable.
The Successful applicant will:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to advancing the interests and well being of Indigenous youth;
- Relate and communicate effectively with young people;
- Have a sound understanding of adolescence development;
- Proven awareness of Indigenous and cross cultural community needs and sensitivities related to working in a cross cultural environment;
- Be responsible for the safety and wellbeing of students on shift which enables best practice of operations and adherence to college and community expectations;
- Work effectively as part of a team;
- Be able to work across a roster that includes evening and weekends, including some sleepover shifts;
- Actively support and uphold Christian Values of the college;
- Hold a valid Working with Children's Card;
- Manual driver's license;
- Current first-aid certificate.
All Applicants should include a cover letter; current resume and the details of two referees.
Further information about the College and detailed position description can be obtained by phoning John Hubner on 08 8950 5644 or by emailing email@example.com
Classroom Teacher, Nawarddeken Academy, Full Time
Starting Term 1, 2021
An incredible teaching opportunity is now available based at Kabulwarnamyo community within the Warddeken Indigenous Protected Area (IPA), in remote western Arnhem Land. The Nawarddeken Academy is seeking an educator who can develop strong relationships within the Kabulwarnamyo community in a region that is exceptional in its cultural value and breathtaking in its natural beauty.
This position is full-time and responsible for the delivery of education to a multi-age class (T-Yr7) within the Nawarddeken Academy. The school also delivers education for older students providing a middle school curriculum where required.
Whilst being extraordinarily remote, the lifestyle is fantastic, the work challenging and personally rewarding.
For more information please refer to:
For application instructions, selection criteria and salary package please contact Olga Scholes email: firstname.lastname@example.org