Australian Government Quality Teacher Programme (AGQTP)
Through funding provided by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) for the professional development of teachers in independent schools are offered the opportunity to build learning communities and participate in school-based action learning projects.
Australian Government Quality Teacher Program (AGQTP) Objective:
To equip teachers with the skills and knowledge needed for teaching in the 21st Century.
- Create projects that connect groups of schools and groups of teachers to develop professional practice to improve student outcomes;
- Create prjects that utilise the expertise in the Territory by incorporating organisations with a similar needs as a critical aspect of each project;
- To develop an issue or challenge that will improve student outcomes and implement a sustainable professional learning process to address it;
- To measure change through the project;
- To share the project and resources with other professionals in the Territory and the wider community.
- The Characteristics of a Professional Learning Community
- Teaching and Learning in a Community of Thinking - Yoram HARPAZ