The independent sector is made up of different groups or small systems of schools as well as many individually operated schools. Independent schools vary widely in size from small remote schools with as few as 50 students to large regional and metropolitan schools with more than 1000 students. Independent schools are located in all areas of Northern Territory.
Independent Schools in the Northern Territory are:
- Kormilda College - Darwin
- The Essington School Darwin - Nightcliff and Charles Darwin University
- Nyangatjatjara College - Yulara
- Tiwi College - Melville Island
- St Philip's College - Alice Springs
- Yipirinya School - Alice Springs
- Yirara College - Alice Springs
Lutheran schools are independently operated and the education program they offer can be tailored to serve the needs of their local communities. Lutheran schools gear their resources to ensure they remain faithful to their mission and are accessible to the community.
Lutheran schools are strongly linked by a common ethos, aiming to provide quality education in which the gospel of Jesus Christ informs all learning and teaching, all human relationships and all activities.
There are four Lutheran Schools in the Northern Territory.
Lutheran Schools in the Northern Territory are:
- Good Shepherd Lutheran College - Palmerston/Howard Springs
- Living Waters Lutheran School - Alice Springs
- St Andrew Lutheran School - Darwin
- Yirara College of the Finke River Mission- Alice Springs
Steiner education balances academic, artistic, practical & social aspects by
Christian Schools (Northern Territory Christian Schools Association)
The Northern Territory Christian Schools Association (NTCSA) delivers and promotes high quality education based on Christian principles. It does this through outstanding schools and other education and training ventures.
NTCSA is committed to supporting parents in the nurturing of their children and promotion of a strong partnership between parents and staff in each of its school communities.
The core objectives of NTCSA are to provide quality Christian education, training and care to young Territorians.
Christian Schools in the Northern Territory:
- Araluen Christian School - Alice Springs
- GAWA Christian School - Elcho Island
- Mapuru Christian School - Mapuru Homeland - North East Arnhem
- Marrara Christian School - Darwin
- Nhulunbuy Christian School - Gove Peninsula
- Palmerston Christian School - Palmerston
- Sattler Christian College - Bees Creek (formerly Litchfield Christian School)
- Woolaning Homeland Christian School - Litchfield
More information about these schools can be found at the Northern Territory Christian Schools Association website.